Friday, October 07, 2005

Socks for Sephora Lady

I started on my mom's Christmas socks last night. I was going to do Broadripple, since I like to try out different patterns. So, I cast on, knit the garter stitch cuff, and thought it looked a little weird. Now, it looked exactly like it was supposed to, but it just wasn't working out with the self-striping yarn I was using. Why not? Because of the garter stitch. We all know what garter stitch looks like at a color change, don't we? To tell the truth, I wasn't that thrilled with a garter stitch cuff myself. I'm more of a ribbing girl--I was worried that, since I wasn't using Cascade Fixation but a wool yarn instead, the sock would get droopy. Believe me, Sephora Lady is NOT into droopy socks.

So I frogged it. Well, actually I knit a bit more hoping that when I was through with the garter stitch it would look a little better. But then I screwed up on the ripple pattern and took it as a sign that I really should frog it. I decided to go back to my trusty friend the toe-up lace sock pattern from Elann.

Still no clue what to do with the one skein of Shimmer. Do I buy more? Look for a pattern that will suit it? It's so pretty and soft, I want to use it...

No comments: