Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Still no pictures! I did take some yesterday of the Ribbed Ribbon Tank, which is finally finished. But, I'm lazy and didn't upload them yet. Maybe tonight, after my Solstice celebration (which is really just me sitting in the backyard drinking wine and soaking up the summer air).

I'm not too happy about the way the tank ended up. I'm thinking I should have chosen a different yarn, as the Schachenmayr Aurora wasn't really the "ribbon yarn" I envisioned. It's a little too thin, which makes the tank somewhat see-through. And it seems to be stretching, too. Hrm. Plus, I think it makes me look fat. I'll give it a few weeks and see if I can stand to wear it. If not, I'll frog it and make something else with the yarn, though what I don't know. It's quite heavy, even just being a tank. I can't imagine what something like a cardigan would feel like.

My major project over the weekend was making a stuffed stegosaurus for my nephew, who I'll be seeing over July 4th weekend. He's almost three, and his tastes are a little fickle, so I'm not sure whether he'll like it, be bored, or run screaming to his mother. I think it'll be cute, though. It was super fast to knit up, and now I'm just waiting for the fiber fill so that I can finish it. I'm going to make something for my niece also, probably Pasha, but in non-traditional penguin colors. I'm thinking pink? Then again, I think everything looks better in pink.

No comments: